Saturday, December 03, 2005

It's a Saturday...

hrm...

it's a Saturday morning, and I'm sitting here at work. That's right peoples: you heard me right. work on a saturday...
'oh boo hoo, you and me too buddy' I hear some of you say. well - to all you casual-staff-scum, I say nuts to you, cos I have a normal, everyday, 9-5 (actually 9-5.30) job... and it's boring and it's grey and it's sucking up my life and my soul - and I've had to come in an extra day today cos we're so busy and I'm so good and important that this place would just fall down if I weren't here to hold it up.
Yes, I know that I only work 4 days a week usually, having a three day weekend....
No, that's not the point, this still sucks nuts having to be here today
Yes, I'm going to be getting a much nicer, fatter paycheck next week, because I get particularly juicy rates for todays work
Yes, that means I can go buy the dress I put on layby at the Gown of Thorns
No, that's still not the point
the point? is that I didn't get to sleep in this morning.
:P

Tonight I'm going down to Belgrave cos it's Mum's birthday tomorrow, and her mum (my grandmother - or as I call her 'Oma') (her name's actually 'Joanna') (it's a Dutch thing, ok?) is taking us out for dinner tonight. I feel La Colina coming on. Yay. See my excited face? This is my excited face... no really....
actually, I do like hanging out with the two of them. I always feel something special in the fact that it's three generations of women all sitting together talking - and we all fucking rule. Oma is one of the coolest people I know, and she's constantly surprising me with how much cooler she gets every year. Oh, and the fact that she doesn't look a day over 60, and she's 75. I swear she not only gets cooler every year, but yonger. HAHA at least that's something I've got to look forward to - you may say '21? really? I thought you were 16!' now... but when I'm 75, I'll be LAUGHING muthufuckers!!!!! HAHAHAHA
ahem. Sorry. my body's not used to having coffee on a saturday morning... it wasn't prepared.

so yeah: dinner tonight. Then sleeping at mums, then giving her the jewellery I made her (hehe, by the time she's 75 she's going to have the biggest collection of jewellery anyone has ever seen) (that was a joke because her daughter is a jeweller, and can't think of anything better to give her on special occasions) (funny?) then coming back to my house, and probably having breakfast either in Belgrave or Fitzroy - cos mum can think of nothing more decadent than going out for breakfast.
Then going to a friends birthday BBQ - taking mum with me. I hope that it's cool that I invited her to someone else's bday celebration, but I really wanted to hang with mum AND do the BBQ, and that seemed like a good way to go about it. I'm kinda looking forward to said BBQ, as it sounds like there's going to be a whole lot of music going on and stuff.... jammin and the like. I'm going to have to bring my guitar (that I can't play) (but mum can) and try and join in. Maybe I can get an egg shaker or soemthing. A tambourine. Maybe I could be the tambourine girl.
Mel wants me to sing her something for her birthday, but unless I crack out the old 'Karma Police' by Radiohead AGAIN... I got nothing for her. And I think we've all heard me try that little ditty one too many times now...

THEN on monday I'm going to have to sort out my visa finally. I got my passport (or, well, it's waiting for me at the post office anyway - I'll get that on monday too) - which means I'm one step closer to the whole thing.
I bought the Lonely Planet Guide to China the other day: I'm getting very excited! There are all these photos, and I keep saying to myself "I'm going to be there! That photo: I'm going to see that for real!" and I still can't quite believe it.

anyway. I better go and do some work, you know, earn the money that I'm being paid to be here for.......

I was foolish to think I could not blog for a while, just cos my laptop's on the fritz. It's an addiction. Truely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home