Tuesday, April 11, 2006

buckle in OR: this is a long one

Drum roll please:

I have a DATE for tomorrow night.
And I’m not referring to the often dried fruit that many enjoy as a healthy snack.
I mean a proper, going out, DATE
With a PERSON
A BOY to be precise.
(Another one, for those who are keeping count. Keeping count? I’m not…)

Ok, so I’ll start at the beginning:

Saturday was Willz’s 21st party, to which Si and I were both going. I dressed up in my corset – I thought it was a good excuse to bring it out again, and I was excited to show Si, as I’d told him a lot about it, and I wanted to have hot-hot corset sex… of course – who wouldn’t? I got there early with the girls though, and Si didn’t turn up till much later – in the mean time, I was left to talk to a huge group of people that I don’t know, being as it were, Will’s party and not my own.
I was introduced to a couple of other ‘floaters’ as I called us – people who didn’t know many other people, and this one guy in particular was very nice. At one point I was talking to Mel and her cousins, and I looked and saw him sitting on the couch all on his lonesome – now, I’m normally a pretty shy person, contrary to popular belief, and if I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again – I’m a bit of a social retard, so talking to new people without a buffer is the kind of thing that makes me shit my proverbial pants. BUT I mustered up all my courage – admittedly a lot easier wearing my armor-of-the-corset which is like an instant confidence booster – and went over and sat and started talking with him. Like a normal person (Shock!). Turns out he does student theatre at La Trobe, and has done musical theatre and all that stuff – and I was talking to him about a new collective that’s starting at RMIT and an improv night that’s going to get started soon.
->sorry, I’m rambling aren’t I? I’m going to try to stick to the important information<-
He had recently been broken up with by his long term girlfriend, and so (of course) I had to tell him about fuck-a-palooza, (really, I probably would have mentioned it anyway, it tends to come up in conversation with me quite a bit recently) and the benefits it has for getting over a sore break-up. He was intrigued (of course). Because of this break-up, his friends were throwing him a bit of a party that night, to celebrate his recent ‘singleness’ and so he had to leave the party early – so at the end, I said I should get his no. to let him know about theatre stuff (What balls! What brass! I’ve never been this kind of person before… just asking for phone numbers – oh how times are changing!), and he agreed.
I went to put him in my phone, and the following conversation took place:

ME: When I put someone new in my phone I usually put a word next to their name so I can remember who they are, so what would you like your word to be?
T: call me
ME: hahaha [slightly uncomfortable but very excited] that won’t help me remember
T: oh, there are so many of us are there?
ME: how about ‘21st’? Or… ‘theatre’?
T: call me
ME: I’m actually pretty shy, so the chances of me calling are actually pretty slim… [shuffle]
T: then text me or something
ME: [grinning like an idiot – trying to make it look more sexy and not quite so idiotic… not sure if that was successful]

SO Sunday I txted him, asking how his bachelor party went, and if he’d kicked off fuck-a-palooza yet or not, to which he replied “not yet, I was thinking there was some merit in starting where the idea came from”. To which I said that was a very very good idea – and after a whole lot of back-ing and forth-ing we set up a date for tomorrow night.
àsorry, that took a really long time to get to the point/punch-line didn’t it?ß

Now, my next question (or, is this the first question?) – what the HELL do people do on dates?!?!?!?! I’ve never been on one, let along a fuck-a-palooza date – which is pretty much just killing time until one of us goes back to the others house, right? I have no idea… and it’s more than a little nervous making.

On another topic (well, we’re still talking about boys, which is really my only topic of late) I was really annoyed with Si that night. He did eventually come, already more than a little tipsy. He did have the sense to tell me I looked hot (actually, he’s particularly good like that – he really knows how to give a compliment) but then he went straight to the (free) bar and proceeded to get massively, messily, fucked-upily drunk. He was literally just sculling glasses of champagne and generally acting like a bit of a dick. I was getting really miffed with him at the party and eventually he had sufficiently killed my mood that I just wanted to go home, and so had to pretty much drag/carry him all the way down Brunswick st to get him back to my place. SO many times during that journey I was ready to walk off on him and just leave him wandering down the middle of the road (standing in front of cars cos he thought it was funny…) but at the same time, he really is a good friend (if nothing else) and I wanted to make sure he was ok. I can’t even begin to describe how annoyed I was with him though… at one point we were walking past the council housing flats and I asked if we could please keep moving cos I was a little freaked out by that area and didn’t want to hang around, so I started walking down the street, and he was walking behind me calling out “HEROIN! HEROIN! ALIA! HEROIN!” “DEATH! DEEEAAATH!” He doesn’t remember much about getting home, surprisingly. He then passed out on my bed (when I finally got him there) halfway through rolling a joint, with a little ball of pot and the filter lying on his chest.
So much for the hot-hot corset sex!
It was really sad, cos it really spoiled a really nice day that we’d had together hanging out on Bruns St (although there’s another story that goes with that one – but I think I’ll save it for another time, I can almost hear the water glazing over your eyes from the already lengthy post). I was totally over it, and I was even thinking of saying ‘thanks but no thanks anymore’ but I do really like him when he’s not like that… so I think I’ll just be taking a big step back – I mean, we’ve been seeing a SERIOUSLY large amount of each other, especially for people that are supposed to be ‘casual’… He did come over last night to do a bit more training (he’s teaching me Jujitsu… it’s really really cool) but he didn’t stay over and if it weren’t for the training, I wouldn’t have wanted to catch up. We did have a really good conversation last night though, and I’ve come to the very big conclusion that he’s going to be a really really close mate, no matter what else happens. I think he’s a really cool guy, except for the alcoholism, and while I don’t think he’s ‘boyfriend material’ – even though I don’t really know what that is anyway – I think maybe a LONG time in the future after he’s sorted out all his shit, and I’ve sorted out all my shit, we could have something real between us. But, we’re talking a LONG time in the future…
I also cleared up the ‘casual’ thing with him finally. It’s now been said out-loud, and said definitely that we’re both allowed to see other people if we want – and that it really is definitely, most positively casual – even though it’s been extremely ‘frequently casual’ so far. He said that I could have just gone out with other people and not told him – but I said I didn’t want to feel like I was doing it behind his back, and I needed to make sure that it was all ok. I didn’t want to feel like I was cheating on someone (again) cos it’s not a nice feeling at all. I haven’t told him about the date though. Now that I know it’s all out in the open, I really don’t think he needs to know the particular details…

THERE
SHEESH
That was one hell of a textual dump.

It’s ok – I’ll stop now (that is if anyone’s still reading anyway – don’t worry, I won’t blame you if you gave up after the first couple of paragraphs… but then you’ll never know that if you didn’t read down this far… will you?)

For anyone that’s interested, this post was 1,551 words long, which is about the length of a small art-history essay. I hope you learnt a lot. I’ll include footnotes and bibliography later.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking there was some merit in starting where the idea came from.

It's terribly flattering but I think you should tell this guy that I don't swing that way. Also, I think you should pay me $1 every time you mention Fuckapalooza or any Fuckapalooza related products.

Also... IMPROV NIGHT!?!? Where? When? How? It's been a while but I think it's time I showed these young upstarts a thing or two.

*flexes improv muscle*

1:32 PM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

hehehe I had the same thought - but seeing as he had no idea, I thought better than to enlighten him - I don't think he swings that way either (although, like I said, he does do musical theatre).
I'm not sure I like the ref. to cash - it's not like I'm earning from any of this - I'm not that kind of working girl (not yet anyway). When I start taking, I'll cut you in for a commission!

and yes, improv night - I think May 23rd or 24th - I will definitely let you know! it's a competition night, and you have to be in teams of 4 I think (I'm not sure) and I think it's supposed to be for uni students.. but hey - that's never stopped us before. I may know some people who are interested as well, so if you need to find other members, I can hook you up. I'm going to a meeting for this Theatre Collective that's driving the whole thing on Thurs, so I'll keep you posted.

2:58 PM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

the dates been postponed.
he's "sick"
I don't know if that means he's unwell, or chickened out...
we'll have to see

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He must've heard I was coming, googled my name, realised that I have dominated several theatresports competitions in my shady past, shat his pants and called the whole thing off. Does this make me winner by default?

Don't answer. Lets just call it a 'yes'.

5:39 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

Hahaha

luv
gun

7:47 AM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

gregory: in broader terms, would you be interested in being involved in said theatre collective? (you don't have to be a student at RMIT as far as I understand it, only a member of union arts)

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading so intensely, I had so many thoughts... then you talked about Simon and I lost my orange juice to the keyboard and monitor.

Spit take city.

Now I have nothing to say, except maybe HEROIN!!! That's fucking gold.

10:43 PM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

I hope you and your sticky computer make many happy memories together...

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, right... because of the Orange Juice. I had to read back and remember the context, before that your response came off a little creepy and sick.

ALSO:

"Dating is just acting like you're somebody you're not, until the person likes you enough, so you can show them who you really are."

So just remember that.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEROIN!

Hahaha, still funny!

12:10 AM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

your response came off a little creepy and sick
when do I not come off creepy and sick???
I CONSTANTLY put my foot in it ALL the time...

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home