Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My head hurts

I had the most, unbelievable, bestest party in the whole world on Saturday. Well... it was pretty good anyway. It was the after-party for the show that I plugged earlier. The shit one with good music. It was so cool - it was 'instant party - shake and bake', because unlike my 21st where there was months of agonizing and preparation, this was just Jane getting everyone to agree to it, me going shopping on Saturday for stuff, me stressing a little that everyone was going to say it was too hard to get to our house, then at 10.30 two pack loads of people walking in the door – and there, BAM, instant party. I got very drunk, and had lots of fun. There was a lot of dancing. I haven’t danced properly in AGES (not since I think High School) and boy did I shake my boot-ey that night. J I techno-ed, I hip-hoped, I dirty danced… it was all good and all fun fun fun.

I also *giggle* kissed a boy *giggle*. It was very brief. Very very brief. Wasn’t hardly a pash or anything, but it was just so nice to feel unfamiliar lips on my mouth. It was just me saying goodbye to a friend, and me pulling them over onto the couch, and then it just happened. It’s kinda bad cos I don’t even like this guy at all – but I just wanted to have some fun. It didn’t mean anything at all. And it was really only a couple of quick pecks… But I’m still not telling Dan.

I was the one who had pot at the party, which was tripping all my friends out greatly. I felt very ‘cool’. Dan got a bit shitty though, because I wouldn’t tell him where I got it or anything. I just didn’t want him to know about it for some reason. People kept asking my why I was starting all of that stuff – and I kept saying that I am ‘rebelling’. One person asked me from who. ?? hmmmmm

My opening is tonight. I’m very stressed about it. And at the same time happy. And at the same time numb, because I feel very sick today. I keep having this feeling that there’s something I should be doing for tonight, but I don’t know what it is. I don’t think there is anything really – it’s just that it’s been such a constant thing recently of always having to do something that I think I don’t know how to let go. I don’t know who is coming tonight. Everyone seems to think it’s going to be quite big. So that’s exciting. I hope I sell stuff. One of my pieces has been put as quite expensive (I think). I mean – I could never buy it for that much… but there you go. I’ll be very VERY happy if I sell even just one thing. And I’ll be very happy to see everyone who comes. I love having the attention. Hehehe. Who doesn’t? I get so happy when people are at my house as well. I get very very excitable. I’ve always thought of myself as one of those little yappy dogs, that when they get excited they wag their tails but they’re so small and they’re wagging so vigorously, their whole body wags with them, and they’re this little trembling ball of excitement. That’s who I am.

I better do some work now though. We’re actually very busy here… and if I get caught doing this on ‘company time’ I’ll be in a lot of trouble.

Poo.

I feel like a torlet.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best thing you can do for any kind of artistic opening is to have some pre-prepared bullshit to spout when people ask about your work. In fact, seeing as you make jewellery it will be even better. Try this...

"This piece simultaneously explores the struggle of modern women trying to find their place both as nurturers and corporate powers in a world dominated by male stereotypes AND draws attention to your bust and collarbones."

Other than that, you must get very drunk, wear entirely black clothes, look distant and disinterested and answer questions with questions.

Good luck.

2:33 PM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

I was thinking something more along the lines of the 'body in modernity' and post-modernist theories on representational vs non-representational artifacts... I can also back it up with alot of talk about how exactly I made the pieces - as they're made in an 'unconventional' manner (which is not actually unconventional way at all - seeing as the process I'm almost sure dates back further than the process most commonly used today).

I'm almost wearing all black.. so that's good. I don't like wine, but I'll chug back a couple of glasses just for show, and I think I'm getting tonsalitis, so I feel like crap-ola and I'm constantly staring into space - so the 'distant and disinterested' bit will be a breeze.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just ask yourself "What would Yoko do?"

3:59 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

bow down to the queen of noise...
crayon eyes draw boys...
-thurston

6:59 PM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

that's obscure, and my head is too foggy to understand...

and an update: he LEFT after HALF AN HOUR.... me = NOT HAPPY

9:25 AM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

what a dirty little whore, you should be coming down to see me(i bear gifts!!) instead of going to his cunty dinner, fuck that(but do try to have a good time and be satisfied with the fact that you have secrets he will never know about, teehee).
does the "dan sucks dance"(it's vigorous).

12:25 PM  
Blogger Brie said...

I hate spam comments...

2:37 PM  
Blogger oil change va said...

Nice blog. Try to repair engine oil leaks to keep the environment clean. Thanks- oil change and oil change va

3:09 PM  
Anonymous rental agreement said...

this is gret post.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home