Wednesday, August 24, 2005

poo fright*

*it's a serious concern people.

I got serious poo fright** today at work. It's hard to go to the torlet when you know there's a little old gray man waiting for you so he can go into the ladies torlet's, and... do.... whatever it is he needs to do... especially when there's no spray for afterwards. I froze up, I did. It's not pleasant.

**'poo fright' is when one or more contributing factors make it nearly/completely impossible for you to relax enough to shit with ease.

Other places I've had poo fright:
- Dan's parents place: it's a little torlet, but with two doors on either side of you, only a small flimsy little catch holding both closed respectively, and a large drunk irish man who could just open said doors at any time he freaking pleases, and is too dumb to think to knock first... He's never actually walked in on my or anyone else before, but the prospect is so scary, poo fright is a-pleanty.
- The torlet in our old house: hadn't been cleaned for many many months and the bowl had become a yellowish colour - scary to bare your bum to.
- Public torlets: it's hard to do a big shit when you know there are people who can a) hear it and b) smell it and talk to their friends about afterwards. Even though the likely-hood of you ever seeing any of those people ever again and them remembering you is next to none, it's still daunting, no?
- My own house: we have two torlets, one big and one little. The little one was great for a while because I felt nice and safe and enclosed and there was a spray to cover up nastiness afterwards. The big one was scary as I'm not used to having so much space around me when I'm doing my thang, the doors at the opposite wall in the bathroom to the torlet, so holding it with your foot is impossible, and there was no spray for a while. The door is lockable, but for some reason I always forget to turn the key (partly because there have been a few times that I've forgotten that I've locked it and thought I was stuck in there - addmittedly only for like 5 secs, but those 5 secs are pretty scary). NOW though, the little one has run out of spray and I keep forgetting to buy a new one, so the idea of my housemate walking into that little room of horror is not a nice one, and the big one has the spray. The dilemma.

anyone else have any Places of Poo Fright?

6 Comments:

Blogger ekstasis said...

yeah I don't like porta-loo's either... just the idea that someone could come and push me over* at any minute is too scary for words - hence the poo fright.

*seriously - it happened on 'Neighbours' once...

2:59 PM  
Blogger gun street girl said...

Nice use of Manky P*I*G*H,
I get poo fright at Ripe in sassafrass, not sure why, I think it's the prospect of people waiting to use the facilities straight away?
It's been bad when I fill in for the kitchen hands there...

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the last Big Day Out I desperately tried to avoid going to the torlet, but seeing as it's such a long day I simply couldn't. So I eventually caved in and went into the filthiest mcnastiest torlet in the world. Some genius had designed these double sided urinals so I was standing there doing my bidness eye to eye with some guy. On my way out I stepped in human poo. Rock and roll.

12:01 PM  
Blogger ekstasis said...

what's the etiquette in a situation like that? Did you kinda give a little nod of recognition, or do you avoid eye contact at all costs?

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was pondering that point when I stepped in the poo. Then it didn't so important anymore.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous rental agreement said...

Wow this nice blog.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home